We know very well how hard it is to buy a home in the Las Vegas valley right now. In fact, the local housing market is as “tight” as it’s been in years. Home inventory is down and prices are up.
You need to have a proven strategy to compete in this “buyer’s market.” So here are 8 of our best tips and tricks for buying a Las Vegas or Henderson, NV home in 2017:
1) Work with an experienced agent – Don’t waste your time (or money) dealing with realtors who don’t have extensive experience in the local market.
2) Adjust your criteria – In a tight market like this it’s best to be flexible. You might be pleasantly surprised!
3) Get pre-approved for a loan asap – It’s vitally important to know what your “buying power” is and to determine what monthly payment you’re comfortable with.
4) Have an offer strategy – Look at accurate comparables (“comps”) and develop a good offer strategy to avoid wasting your time and/or money!
5) Act fast – In a “buyer’s market” you need to move fast. As soon as you find a home you like, you need to jump on it.
6) Make a strong offer – Making a strong offer can improve your chances of getting the home.
7) Work with the home inspection results – Don’t be afraid of “fixer upper” homes.
8) Stay encouraged – It’s easy to become discouraged in this type of market but there’s no reason to, especially if you have the help of a top real estate agent!
Contact us today so we can help you find your Southern Nevada dream home!